Vine Energy Inc. is focused on the development of natural gas properties in the stacked Haynesville and Mid-Bossier shale plays in the Haynesville Basin of Northwest Louisiana. The company was established in March 2021 following the combination of privately held predecessor companies Vine Oil & Gas, Brix Oil & Gas Holdings and Harvest Royalties and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol VEI. As a pure-play natural gas company, Vine continually enhances the value of our assets by growing reserves, production and cash flow, while upholding an unwavering commitment to our safety-first culture.
Our corporate office is conveniently located in North Dallas’ Granite Park area surrounded by some of the best schools in the nation and countless restaurants and shopping centers. We invite you to visit our website at www.vineenergy.com to learn more about the company and our focus as an ESG leader. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and make a difference, please apply! We are looking for a qualified and motivated Development Technician who will be based in Plano, TX.
The Development Technician provides support to the Geology, Development, Operations and Land departments in their exploration and development efforts. Responsibilities include loading/entering, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting geoscience data. In addition, the role will support development planning and maintain multiple databases of key well performance metrics. This position coordinates with other departments as needed to resolve problems and provide technical support to assist with geologic and engineering operations.
- Perform data management activities, which include import/export, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting data related to geoscience and engineering operations.
- Coordinate with all departments (D&C, GEO, Land) to create and propose sectional development options.
- Maintain Excel, Access and Kingdom databases containing production and well statistics used for analysis.
- Responsible for the maintenance and distribution of the weekly drill schedule, well planning reports and drill schedule maps.
- Provide technical support to geoscience staff by utilizing database information and software tools to manipulate and analyze data.
- Compile and issue Mudlogging and MWD Requirement Documents for all operated wells.
- Coordinate MWD and Mudlogging requirements documents and issue to appropriate contractors as needed.
- Data digitization and preparation including well logs, maps, seismic sections and capturing data into spreadsheets.
- Works closely with a senior reservoir engineer on all tasks related to optimizing drill schedule planning.
- Interact with team members and peers on a regular basis to reflect ongoing efforts for continuous improvement and provide technical support.
- Access proprietary and commercial databases to produce plots, displays and maps.
- Gather and load post operational data into Petra and/or Kingdom to update maps as needed.
- Manage digital well files including e-logs, mud logs, maps, drilling and completion reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a petroleum engineering or geoscience technician role.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical skill area such as math, science, or engineering preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill set, with a curiosity to keep learning.
- Ability to compile and present data clearly using the best available tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, competent with Petra and IHS Kingdom, experience with industry software such as Spotfire, IHS Enerdeq, Geosteering software, Wellview, ArcGIS and full Microsoft suite of products preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pull, manipulate, manage and analyze large sets of data.
- Knowledge of economic evaluations.
- Being detailed oriented with a strong data analytics background.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a team and complete tasks efficient.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without any type of sponsorship.
Vine Energy Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package while fostering a dynamic, stimulating and challenging environment. Our comprehensive benefits include items such as: 401k, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and company-paid long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance. We strive to help employees create a balance between work and home life via generous holiday, vacation and sick time, wellness benefits, flexible work schedules and frequent employee events.
Vine Energy Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.