Vine Energy Inc. is focused on the development of natural gas properties in the stacked Haynesville and Mid-Bossier shale plays in the Haynesville Basin of Northwest Louisiana. The company was established in March 2021 following the combination of privately held predecessor companies Vine Oil & Gas, Brix Oil & Gas Holdings and Harvest Royalties and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol VEI. As a pure-play natural gas company, Vine continually enhances the value of our assets by growing reserves, production and cash flow, while upholding an unwavering commitment to our safety-first culture.
Our corporate office is conveniently located in North Dallas’ Granite Park area surrounded by some of the best schools in the nation and countless restaurants and shopping centers. We invite you to visit our website at www.vineenergy.com to learn more about the company and our focus as an ESG leader.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and make a difference, please apply! We are looking for a qualified and motivated Financial Reporting Lead who will be based in Plano, TX.
The Financial Reporting Lead provides corporate and technical accounting and financial reporting services. Duties include the preparation of internal and external financial reports (including filings with the SEC), and the preparation of other filings related to debt offerings.
External Financial Reporting
- Manage quarterly preparation of filing documents
- Review filing documents for accuracy and completeness of disclosures
- Coordinate with auditors and lawyers on comments or changes to filing documents
- Coordinate with other departments to gather support for operational disclosures
- Review press releases, slide presentations and call scripts prepared by Investor Relations group\
- Prepare and manage quarterly close schedule
- Serve as key resource managing the company’s external auditors and auditor request list
- Prepare quarterly financial reporting requirements to Private Equity firm
- Review supporting schedules underlying financial statements and disclosures (including ARO, SMOG and debt covenant calculations)
- Research new accounting pronouncements and disclosure requirements
- Occasional drafting of accounting memos
- Coordinate with external auditors on major technical issues
- Review new footnote disclosures for accuracy and completeness
Internal Financial Reporting
- Help manage monthly financial close process and preparation of internal financial statements
- Prepare internal financial statements
- Prepare analytical review of financial statements (including review of BS and IS variance analyses)
- Prepare recurring/non-recurring journal entries
- Prepare schedules underlying financial statements and disclosures
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
Transactional Reporting (as required)
- Manage preparation and review of pro forma financial statements
- Manage preparation and review of Form S-1, Form S-3, Form S-4 or Rule 144A filings
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required with advanced degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant or actively pursuing
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Upstream oil and gas experience preferred
- SEC financial reporting experience preferred
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with financial systems such as Quorum a plus
- Effective communicator with the ability to write succinctly
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, team player, good people skills and positive attitude
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without any type of sponsorship.
Vine Energy Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package while fostering a dynamic, stimulating and challenging environment. Our comprehensive benefits include items such as: 401k, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and company-paid long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance. We strive to help employees create a balance between work and home life via generous holiday, vacation and sick time, wellness benefits, flexible work schedules and frequent employee events.
Vine Energy Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.