Vine Energy Inc. is focused on the development of natural gas properties in the stacked Haynesville and Mid-Bossier shale plays in the Haynesville Basin of Northwest Louisiana. The company was established in March 2021 following the combination of privately held predecessor companies Vine Oil & Gas, Brix Oil & Gas Holdings and Harvest Royalties and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol VEI. As a pure-play natural gas company, Vine continually enhances the value of our assets by growing reserves, production and cash flow, while upholding an unwavering commitment to our safety-first culture.
Our corporate office is conveniently located in North Dallas’ Granite Park area surrounded by some of the best schools in the nation and countless restaurants and shopping centers. We invite you to visit our website at www.vineenergy.com to learn more about the company and our focus as an ESG leader. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and make a difference, please apply! We are looking for a qualified and motivated Environmental, Social, & Governance Manager who will be based in Plano, TX.
The Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Manager will support and grow Vine’s ESG and sustainability program providing some of the following services: materiality assessments, carbon footprint and greenhouse gas reduction strategies, review of equipment and technology, stakeholder engagement, ESG planning and program development, energy use assessments, waste management/pollution prevention strategies, natural resources conservation services, climate risk assessments, and ESG related disclosures.
- Develop and implement ESG strategies and sustainability programs, including policy, procedures, reporting and monitoring
- Direct and support other Vine departments as it pertains to advancing ESG initiatives
- Understand climate change mitigation strategies, emission reduction methodology, EPA reporting and regulations and State of Louisiana reporting and regulations
- Understand market drivers and how climate mitigation strategies can be applied to projects
- Build relationships across Vine to identify ESG/Sustainability opportunities
- Conduct research and peer benchmarking to support strategic planning, goal setting to facilitate conversations with stakeholders
- Collect, validate, calculate, and aggregate ESG data for reporting
- Compile and analyze various ESG related data sources into useable and meaningful deliverables for the Executive team and Board of Directors
- Understand local, regional, and national policy related to energy policy and climate change
- Understand the current climate science including a working knowledge of the latest climate related studies and reports
- Have understanding and the ability to help with ESG and carbon reduction strategies and related industry standard disclosures
- Considers sustainability proposals with attention to factors such as cost effectiveness, ROI, feasibility, and ease of integration with other programs
- Proposes and implements strategies to address various environmental concerns including energy use, conservation, reduction of pollution, facility design, and general education on sustainability
- Assesses and analyzes company policies and processes to identify areas in and processes to which improvements can be made in accordance with the organizations commitment to sustainability
- Advises department heads on company policies and procedures related to ESG and sustainability
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated experience. Degree preferred in Environmental Science/Engineering, Sustainability, or relevant field
- 8+ years of experience in ESG or sustainability field
- 5+ years of experience in the Energy sector, preferably upstream
- Ability to build and grow strong and trusted client relationships
- Proven record of designing sustainability/ESG strategies, delivering sustainability/ESG reporting, and/or realizing strategy implementation programs
- Effective communicator who can create and deliver services to executives
- Experience with environmental management or auditing, climate policy and regulation
- Management and technical leadership experience on emissions reduction, climate change, or sustainability projects
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without any type of sponsorship
Vine Energy Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package while fostering a dynamic, stimulating and challenging environment. Our comprehensive benefits include items such as: 401k, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and company-paid long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance. We strive to help employees create a balance between work and home life via generous holiday, vacation and sick time, wellness benefits, flexible work schedules and frequent employee events.
Vine Energy Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.