Vine Energy Inc. is focused on the development of natural gas properties in the stacked Haynesville and Mid-Bossier shale plays in the Haynesville Basin of Northwest Louisiana. The company was established in March 2021 following the combination of privately held predecessor companies Vine Oil & Gas, Brix Oil & Gas Holdings and Harvest Royalties and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol VEI. As a pure-play natural gas company, Vine continually enhances the value of our assets by growing reserves, production and cash flow, while upholding an unwavering commitment to our safety-first culture.
Our corporate office is conveniently located in North Dallas’ Granite Park area surrounded by some of the best schools in the nation and countless restaurants and shopping centers. We invite you to visit our website at www.vineenergy.com to learn more about the company and our focus as an ESG leader.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and make a difference, please apply! We are looking for a qualified and motivated Workover Engineer who will be based in Plano, TX.
The Workover Engineer is responsible for developing workover procedures, monitoring operations, supporting field personnel and tracking well costs while continually optimizing best practices ensuring that all safety, regulatory, environmental, and professional standards are met.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Company safety objectives and responsibilities.
- Leads by example in all job responsibilities with a focus on well-control, safe operations with a zero-discharge mentality.
- Travel to field at least 2-3 times per month for problem solving and observations.
- Responsible for completing workovers in a cost effective, predictable and timely manner.
- Develops written procedures for all workovers including: well control, design of surface equipment, design of fishing equipment and safe implementation.
- Includes contingencies in workover design for potential scenarios to minimize downtime.
- Manage daily activities and direct field personnel with ongoing workover operations.
- Oversee and quality control daily Wellview entry for accuracy and completeness.
- Report daily workover operations activity to management.
- Post-mortem of workover projects documenting best practices and lessons learned for future operations.
- Evaluate current practices to identify improvement through technologies and more efficient procedures.
- Review and approve all invoices related to workover activity.
- Develop budget for workover activity.
- Forecast and track project costs with respect to AFE, budget, and initial estimates.
- Model and review workover performance and assist in data acquisition.
- Maintain workover schedule and regularly communicate to the appropriate contacts.
- Review equipment service bids and make provider recommendations.
- Provide experience and technical support for operational challenges.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by management.
- Bachelor of Science degree required in an applicable engineering field and/or at least 15 years of industry and high-pressure workover experience.
- Familiarity with field operations and applications of advanced oil field technologies.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) for interface with professional engineers, company management, and field personnel.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Intermediate MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of WellView and OpenInvoice software preferable.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without any type of sponsorship.
Vine Energy Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package while fostering a dynamic, stimulating and challenging environment. Our comprehensive benefits include items such as: 401k, medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and company-paid long-term disability, life and AD&D insurance. We strive to help employees create a balance between work and home life via generous holiday, vacation and sick time, wellness benefits, flexible work schedules and frequent employee events.
Vine Energy Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.